A Weekend to help rising Dance Students from Studios and Schools across the U.S. and Abroad navigate College Dance Programs
Photo credit: Eric A. Smith
The International Association of Blacks in Dance invites you to participate in our College Dance Fair, Thursday, January 24 - Saturday, January 26, 2019, in Dayton, OH. We will have 350+ High School and College Dance students in attendance. Each student is active in a school or studio Dance program and they are interested in a professional dance career. These High school and College aged students are currently applying for college, and others will begin that process soon.
Student participants will come from all over the United States and abroad, as part of the 31st Annual International Conference and Festival of Blacks in Dance (IABD Conference and Festival). We hope that you will consider sending a representative from your Dance Department to participate in our College Fair at the Dayton Convention Center, Dayton, OH.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THE COLLEGE DANCE FAIR
Opportunities for you to engage with these students:
1. Table at the Conference and Festival: Thursday, January 24 – Saturday, January 26, 7:30am – 5pm daily at the Dayton Convention Center. Through-out the official conference and festival you will have an opportunity to engage with individual students as well as groups with their teachers. There will be additional youth tracked panels, master dance classes and scholarship auditions. This is an amazing opportunity to get to know young dancers who may be strong candidates for your program.
2. Scholarship Audition Panel: Friday, January 26 and Saturday, January 27, students ages 14 – 20+ audition for training programs. Participants must be in the position to offer a scholarship to their program. Scholarship awards are announced live during the Closing Ceremonies Gospel Breakfast on Sunday January 27. You do not need to stay but it is a great photo opportunity! (Required: IABD Membership + One day full day of Registration)
3. Conference and Festival Program Book Listing: Listing and/or Advertisement in the Conference and Festival Program Book.
Please RSVP with confirmation by Monday, November 12, 2018, so that we can add you to printed materials. More details on each of these options is below.
COLLEGE DANCE FAIR OPPORTUNITIES
DEADLINE TO RSVP: NOVEMBER 12, 2018
Official Conference and Festival Only: $200
- January 24 – 26, 2019 (Thursday – Saturday)
- 7:30am – 5pm – Dayton Convention Center
- One Table & Two Chairs
- Listing in IABD Program Book, only
- Each vendor will be given an 8’ X 8’ space, plus complimentary: one 6ft table, two chairs
- Vendors are responsible for their own parking
- Metered parking on the streets
- Self-Parking at the Oregon District Garage
- Daily Rates: $6.00 maximum / $2.00 per hour or part hour / $1.00 after 6pm daily
College Dance Fair participants are responsible for setting up and breaking down and/or securing their space each day.
Conference and Festival Registration begins each day at the Dayton Convention Center – 8:00am daily (Thursday – Saturday).
Scholarship Audition Panel: $450
(Requires: IABD membership ($150) + a minimum of one full day conference and festival registration ($300))
Friday, January 25, and Saturday, January 26, students ages 10 – 20+ audition for training programs.
Participants must be in the position to offer a scholarship opportunity to their program.
Scholarship awards are announced live during the Closing Ceremonies Gospel Breakfast on Sunday, January 27, 2019. You do not need to stay but it is a great photo opportunity!
For membership and participation contact the IABD office at (202) 899-3859 or email email@example.com, subject matter: COLLEGE DANCE FAIR
Conference and Festival Program Book Listing & Ads: Pricing Varies
Listing and/or Advertisement in Conference and Festival Program Book
Click Here to Place an ad in the Program book
DEADLINE TO RSVP: NOVEMBER 12, 2018
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS & ACTIVITIES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE