The International Association of Blacks in Dance (IABD), the service organization for dancers of color, announces five (5) performance dance presentations, at the heart of the conference and festival, dance instructor, volunteer and vendor opportunities, and a call for proposals - opportunities for artists, educators, and scholars to share their research work with conference attendees in Dayton, OH.
This application is for a dance performance opportunity at the 31st Annual International Conference and Festival of Blacks in Dance in Dayton, Ohio. Please submit an application for performance opportunities at the Theater at the Dayton Convention Center and the Victoria Theatre.
Dance artists and companies as well as ensembles affiliated with colleges, conservatories, high schools, professional companies, studios, or universities are encouraged to apply. Performance opportunitiesare available to IABD Members who have held membership for two (2) consecutive years. Submission of your application does not guarantee a performance opportunity.
Thursday, January 24, 2019 | 2PM
Youth Members Performance Presentation at the Theater at Dayton Convention Center (IABD Members Only)
TECH - Wednesday morning, January 23, 2019
Thursday, January 24, 2019 | 7:30PM
Collegiate Members Performance Presentation at the Theater at Dayton Convention Center (IABD Members Only)
TECH - Wednesday afternoon, January 23, 2019
Friday, January 25, 2019 | 7:30PM
Established Members Performance Presentation at the Theater at Dayton Convention Center (IABD Members Only)
TECH - Friday, January 25, 2019
Saturday, January 26, 2019 | 8PM
Founders and Invited Guests Performance Presentation at the Victoria Theatre (IABD Members Only)
TECH - Friday, January 25, 2019
Sunday, January 27, 2018 | 9AM
Awards and Scholarship Liturgical Performance (IABD Members Only)
Call for Performances
Please make sure you meet the performance requirements:
1. Membership with IABD is required for two (2) consecutive years; and, at least three (3) years of professional performing experience.
2. Complete all contact information (name, title, mailing/email address, and telephone number).
3. Resume/CV and bio with individual name or group name
4. A brief description of the proposed work.
5. MAXIMUM time length for performance presentations:
a. 5 MINUTES - Youth Company Member
b. 7 MINUTES - Collegiate Company/Individual Member
c. 8 MINUTES - Company/Individual Member
d. 15 MINUTES - Founders & Invited Guests
e. 5 MINUTES - Gospel Performance
6. Music (Please be advised that you will need to obtain required permission and licensing. IABD nor DCDC is responsible for music royalty fees.)
7. Any special technical requirements are the responsibility of the applicant.
8. Performance opportunities include a fee of $125 in US Dollars. Payment will be collected upon successful confirmation and acceptance of your work by IABD and DCDC.
9. Please include a link of the work to be presented or upload your choreography. Please be sure to include any passwords for viewing, if applicable.
10. If your performance requires additional instruments of any type, your organization is financially responsible for the rental. IABD nor DCDC will assume any cost. Also, by accepting this opportunity you understand that you are volunteering your services. There will be no exchange of payment for your participation.
IABD/DCDC reserve the right to accept applications based on appropriateness to the event, IABD/DCDC’s image, and its audience. Only submit completed work.
IABD/DCDC make every effort to provide a safe performance venue. However, IABD/DCDC will assume no responsibility for injury during performances as well as acts of nature. You are responsible for providing your own special effects (fog machines, hazers, etc.).
Looking to have your business or product, front and center for the largest cultural gathering of Black dance artists in the world and gain exclusive access to over 600 daily attendees?You're in luck!The Vendor applications for the31st Annual International Conference and Festival of Blacks in Dance is now available.
The 31st Annual International Conference and Festival of Blacks in Dance takes place with the support of hundreds of volunteers who contribute their time to help make our events successful. Volunteers assist with many aspects of the conference and festival, from helping behind the scenes to serving as a liaison to our international and VIP guests.
We are currently seeking volunteers who love Dance, or who simply enjoy lending a hand, for our 2019 events in Dayton, OH! Volunteer shifts are available between the dates of January 21 - 28, 2019. Reliable and dedicated individuals who are interested in gaining valuable hands-on experience, knowledge and insight into the arts community, and willing to give of their time and expertise are welcome!
Volunteer’s tasks include but are not limited to: registration, ticket takers, ushers, production and guest liaisons.Sign up to volunteer!
The International Association of Blacks in Dance (IABD) preserves and promotes dance by people of African ancestry or origin. The IABD conference features performances, networking opportunities, seminars, workshops, panel discussions, Dance master classes, and much more. Conference and festival activities are for members of IABD and open to the general public. For more information contact us at (202) 899-3859.